Enrolled agents (EAs) are America’s tax experts. EAs are the only federally-licensed tax practitioners who specialize in taxation and also have unlimited rights to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. We at Ricotax as an Enrolled Agent advise, represent and prepare tax returns of individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts and any other entity with tax reporting requirements.

Enrolled agents prepare millions of tax returns each year and their expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS.
Some enrolled agents work only during tax season or by appointment only, while other enrolled agents such as Ricotax practice year round. In addition to tax preparation and tax representation, Ricotax offer other business services including:

  • Bookkeeping
  • Financial planning or budgeting
  • Payroll services
  • Financial statement preparation
  • State sales tax reports
  • Insurance

We at Ricotax can represent and negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service and the State and resolve your audit issues. Do not fight by your self contact us or any other Enrolled Agent- “America’s Tax Experts”. We can remove your levy and stop garnishment, Instalment Agreement, Offer-in-Compromise, and offer negotiations to lower your liabilities.

What are the differences between enrolled agents and other tax preparers?
An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service by either passing a stringent and comprehensive examination covering individual and business tax returns and representation of clients before the IRS or through experience as a former IRS employee.

Enrolled agent status is the highest credential the IRS awards.

Individuals who obtain this elite status must adhere to ethical standards and enrolled agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), have unlimited practice rights. This means they are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before. But unlike attorneys and CPAs, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all enrolled agents specialize in taxation. CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states, but enrolled agents are federally licensed. That means they are not limited to practicing in states from which they have received a license; they can practice anywhere in the United States.

Are enrolled agents required to take continuing professional education?

In addition to the stringent testing and application pro­cess, the IRS requires enrolled agents to complete 72 hours of continuing education every three years to main­tain their licenses. The National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA) raises the bar even further – its members are required to complete at least 90 hours in a three-year period.


Circular 230 notice: In order to ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS and other taxing authorities, we admonish that the materials and any advice here is not meant to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (a) avoiding penalties that may be imposed on any taxpayer or (b) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

Taxpayers are ultimately responsible for their financial decisions. Invalid tax shelters, tax scams or frivolous tax positions cannot be made valid by a “too-good-to-be-true” attorney opinion letter. Reliance on a “too-good-to-be-true” attorney tax opinion letter is not a valid defense to violations of US tax laws.

Please be assured that this notice does not reflect any decrease in the quality of services or the amount of thought we put into our correspondence with you.